The Soul Sista Summit is a two-day women’s only experience full of fitness, connection, and personal growth designed to help you create the lifestyle you crave and deserve.
Regardless of whether you are already a fitness enthusiast who loves all things healthy living, if you are just starting out on your wellness journey, or if you are looking for a fresh take on how to feel more confident and empowered, the Soul Sista Summit is for you. We will eat, drink, lift, laugh, sweat, grow, and learn together while discovering the most enjoyable path to our BEST selves.
YES! Sign Me Up!
Saturday, June 22nd + Sunday, June 23rd 2019
District Hall | Boston, MA
You’re gonna dream BIG at the Soul Sista Summit!
- Having a crystal-clear vision of how your FIT life will allow you to show up differently in the world and knowing the exact steps you need to take to start living as your best and most empowered self.
- Breaking free from constant self-sabotage of starting and stopping with your goals and actually following through. Or, maybe this used to be you and you want to ensure you continue on a successful path.
- Not feeling alone in your journey with food, fitness and mindset and being able to share your experiences, fears, successes and goals with a room full of women who “get it.”
- Getting the reassurance that no matter what your dream life looks or feels like, it can happen for you and you’ll get all the support, coaching and encouragement you need to make it happen!
Hi, we’re Athena Concannon and Lauren Bradley. In addition to being your hosts, we are also soul sistas, and we know a thing or two about getting out of our comfort zones and dreaming big ourselves:
- In 2016, we both took huge leaps to start our own online health coaching businesses.
- Despite how scary it was, all the unknowns, and everything else people cautioned us against, Athena left her 9-5 job in the corporate world, and Lauren left her full-time personal training job at the gym.
- We’ve both invested thousands of dollars in our businesses and personal development, even when we had no clue how we would make that money back.
- Together, we’ve traveled all over the country to attend in person conferences and retreats to help bring our big dreams to fruition, without having met anyone else there.
- And we’ve done the hard work to overcome our past struggles that kept us stuck and playing small.
Today? We’re both running the thriving businesses we’ve always dreamed of, we both have a healthier relationship with food, fitness, and our bodies than we used to, and we truly know how amazing it feels to live in alignment with our passion and purpose.
We created the Soul Sista Summit to give you the tools you need to break through any of your own blocks and turn your fears into action.
We want you to experience what it’s like to feel fulfilled and excited for the future you get to create!
The Soul Sista Summit is FOR YOU if:
- You are already happy, thriving, and enjoying your fit life, and you simply want a weekend to immerse yourself in something you love.
- You see the value of stepping away from the day-to-day to dos and giving yourself the time you deserve to focus on personal development and transformation.
- You’re ready to elevate your health, fitness, lifestyle, and mindset to achieve your goals and match the life you’ve always dreamed of.
- You’re ready to feel inspired, empowered, and set up for success by using a step-by-step action plan that you’ll create with Lauren and Athena’s expert guidance.
- You want to either find the confidence you’ve lost somewhere along the way or maintain the approach to your health and fitness that will keep you feeling good about yourself and your body for the long haul.
- You are ready to make strong connections with your fellow Soul Sistas and develop a network of women you can count on long after the weekend is over.
- You know that if you miss out on an amazing weekend like this, you will totally regret it!!! You don't want to have FOMO! 😉
The Soul Sista Summit is NOT for you if:
- You don’t think your life needs any improving in any way.
- You aren’t willing to think differently or be pushed (with love!) out of your comfort zone and take the steps you need to take to make your goals a reality.
- You don’t see the value in always learning to better yourself and continuously grow.
- You don't want to connect with like-minded women who are guaranteed to help you level up.
- You hate fun, laughing and learning.
Let us introduce you to a few of our own soul sistas, who will be sharing their expertise and stories with you throughout the Soul Sista Summit:
Dr. Lisa Lewis
Sam Vander Wielen
Dr. Lisa Lewis
Dr. Lisa Lewis is a licensed psychologist with a passion for strength training and fitness. She earned her doctorate in Counseling Psychology with a specialization in Sport Psychology at Boston University, and her doctoral research focused on exercise motivation.
Lisa is also a Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor (CADC-II), and teaches psychology courses at Northeastern University. Since 2003, Lisa has worked in college mental health, community mental health, substance abuse, and inpatient psychiatric treatment centers
as a psychotherapist. She currently provides psychotherapy and consultation services at her private practice in Brookline, MA, and online.
Lisa works with a general population, and also specializes in working with athletes and athletically-minded clients who come to her practice in hopes of achieving a personal goal or enhancing motivation to pursue goals. In addition, she provides workshops and consultations
for personal trainers and strength coaches, both for their own professional development, and to enhance their communication and motivational skills with their clientele.
At the Soul Sista Summit, Dr. Lewis will provide a 2-hour presentation on using psychological skills, or “mental skills” to enhance motivation, initiate and persist at regular habits of exercise and wellness, and how to respond to barriers that interfere with pursuing your fitness goals. Her workshop will help you to identify ways to minimize or stop patterns of negative thinking, quitting, and self-sabotage, while also underscoring the strengths and skills you can leverage in pursuit of your goals.
Candace Smith is the CEO of Beauty of Strength, and has been coaching women to sustainable health and fitness for over a decade, with various accreditations including CPT Personal Trainer, Health Coach, and Certified Precision Nutrition Coach.
She coaches women through quitting the yo-yo diet cycle and teaches them to maximize their physique results through getting strong by lifting heavy weights, quitting the diet obsession, and learning to love themselves from the inside out.
Candace is from Grand Rapids, Michigan, and currently resides in an RV with her husband and sweet pups, traveling the country, home is where she parks it. Her passion for helping women with their nutrition and fitness shines through in everything she does, and loves hiking, traveling, reading, the ocean, leisure walking, lifting the things, and good food and wine.
Sam Vander Wielen
Sam Vander Wielen is an attorney-turned-entrepreneur who helps coaches + creatives grow legally legit businesses through her DIY legal templates and Fearlessly Legal Ultimate Bundle. After 5 years as a miserable corporate attorney, a (what felt like) near death experience lit a fire under Sam to take charge of her life and reclaim her power. Beyond teaching entrepreneurs how to legally protect their businesses, Sam focuses on helping women to pivot from their career, life choices, or business that no longer serves them. Sam lives outside of Philadelphia, PA with her husband, Ryan. She loves to read, drink great coffee, workout, and travel the world to try new foods and cooking classes.
At the Soul Sista Summit, Sam will be talking about taking the leap, taking chances and trying new things to level up your life! Sam will talk about things like what to do if you’re feeling like your life, career, relationships and/or business just isn’t fulfilling. Sam will also talk about dealing with setbacks, hardship, and trauma so that you can still persevere even in the face of tough circumstances.
Saturday’s Agenda (6/22):
- Outdoor bootcamp led by Lauren and Athena
- Shower, eat, and show up!
- Introductions + intention setting for the weekend
- Creating your empowered wellness vision
- Shifting your limiting beliefs and anticipating obstacles
- Energy management and self care
- Creating your 90-day action plan
- Cocktail party!
Sunday's Agenda (6/23):
Shower, eat, and show up!
Guest speaker #1
- Guest speaker #2
- Guest speaker #3
- Q&A Panel
- Weekend wrap-up
What Else is Included in the Price of Admission:
- A community of inspiring life-minded women who will become your fitness besties… have we mentioned that part already?
- A swag bag filled with goodies from some of our favorite fitness and food brands.
- Special expert guest speakers to share their stories and expand your knowledge and network.
- The retreat takes place right in the heart of the Boston Seaport, a booming section of Boston full of food and drink, arts, culture, and more.